v. 2022.11 (Nov 20, 2022)
- Flmngr NPM package (and also React, Vue, Angular file manager components) released.
- CKEditor 5 add-on released.
- New Flmngr API and detailed docs for it, the legacy API will be supported too.
- Recursive file search over all directories.
- Compatibility with Drupal 10 fixed or improved.
- Updated a way to include Flmngr snippet when you are unable to use the NPM package.
- Test connection button added at configuring Amazon S3 or Azure Blob storage.
- Documentation for all integrations updated: now it has info on how to retrieve a link to Flmngr API.
- Code samples updated to demonstrate the new API.
- Fixed a memory leak in Drupal modules.
- Fixed disabling a scrollbar after Flmngr call in Drupal.
- Fixed a directory selection on the file manager open with preselected files in some cases.
- Fixes in markup (compatibility with Bootstrap 5).
- Fixed showing long file names in file view.
- Fixed opening the Flmngr in manager mode (when it does not return the picked file).
v. 2022.8 (Aug 13, 2022)
- Table view in Flmngr file manager.
- Flmngr major backend update: it became more secure and supports Amazon S3 and Azure Blob.
- Now Flmngr when working with the new backend will switch to Flmngr v2 automatically.
- The Crop tool is available in image editor for Free users.
- Flmngr toolbar reorganized.
- Added filter highlighting in Flmngr.
- Fixed issue with preselected files in Flmngr.
- Fixed browsing of non-image files in Flmngr.
- Fixed showing image previews in Flmngr v1 in Drupal.
- Fixed an error when attaching the file manager field to some forms in Drupal.
- Fixed respecting permissions of a current user when using user file fields in Drupal.
- Fixed support of 3rd party modules providing virtual file systems in Drupal.
- Fixed working with SVG images in Drupal.
v. 2022.5 (May 9, 2022)
- Flmngr 2 file manager first stable release.
- Flmngr now has website with documentation and API reference, many CodePen demos are available there. You can use Flmngr within CKEditor/TinyMCE or outside it calling by API (on the same page with CKEditor/TinyMCE or fully separately).
- Added access to 30000+ free stock images (integration with Unsplash) into Flmngr file manager.
- Added a feature to reorder images in Flmngr file manager dialog (useful when managing galleries)
- Flmngr now shows progress of file operations, helpful when working with Amazon S3 or Azure BLOB.
- Fixed image uploading in Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 extensions when installed into subfolder.
- Fixed loading of ImgPen image editor on pages with some conflicting 3rd party libraries.
v. 2022.3 (March 9, 2022)
Flmngr 2 beta is now available!
- Image save dialog with format choose and size optimizations.
- Dynamic non-blocking loading of directories with a lot of files.
- Fast work with previews. Super fast redesigned cache.
- Drag'n'drop of files into a file manager area.
- Opening directory with selected files.
- Multiple image choosing in the file manager for widgets like Gallery.
- Non-blocking file uploader.
- Modern interface based on MUI React library.
- ...and there are many more changes in Flmngr 2 (update PHP backend or Drupal module to enable it).
Flmngr project was started in 2012 and lived as a component used on multiple projects: from web services to box software products. For example in 2018 it was included into N1ED WYSIWYG editor.
In 2022 the team decided to show the file manager project as a separate product and published it on its own website. We have an ambitious task to make the most powerful and developer friendly file manager and file picker wish wide features of working with images.