Install Flmngr module for Drupal 10
Looking for Drupal 8 or Drupal 9 installation?
Flmngr is a module for Drupal which has deep integration into the CMS. It will:
- Add upload, file manager, and image editor buttons onto CKEditor 4 toolbar
- Add upload, file manager, and image editor buttons onto CKEditor 5 toolbar
- Attach file manager to your file and image select fields
CKEditor 4 or CKEditor 5 toolbar can be configured individually on each text format.
As far CKEditor 5 is the default WYSIWYG editor in Drupal 10, Flmngr is the best choice to add file manager feature to it for free.
Download Flmngr module using Composer
Using Composer is the easy and the only way to install modules in Drupal 10. Go into a directory where you installed Drupal on your server and run there:
composer require drupal/flmngr
Install Drupal file manager module
Open your Drupal control panel and go inside
Extend section. Enable modules after installation.
Please go into
- Check Flmngr is enabled for desired text format
- Check inside that buttons of Flmngr (Upload, File Manager, and Image Editor) are added onto the toolbar.
- If you use CKEditor 5, please be sure Image Upload plugin is enabled (required for Flmngr file manager).
That's all! File management features are ready to use.
Enabling Premium features
If you are premium user you only need to set up a private API key to get access to premium features. Free users do not need to pass this step.
Go to the configuration page selecting
Text formats and editors.
Full HTML text format to configure file manager.
To get premium features you need to specify your own key to configure Flmngr: click
Use premium API key button for that.
In the opened window please specify the API key.
So all these features are ready to use: file management, recursive file search Image Editor, access to free photo stock Unsplash, and others.
Using Flmngr API
If you wish to implement some custom logic with the Flmngr file manager inside a separate Drupal module, just add the Flmngr module as a dependency and then use Flmngr API for calling the file manager.
To retrieve a link to Flmngr API on the content editing page, please refer to CKEditor 4 Flmngr API page if you use CKEditor 4.
If you use CKEditor 5, the link to API can be got by calling the method
There is a sample of API usage on our website: